2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw freezes while Initialising

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

9 times out of 10 my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw freezes while Initialising or locks up after a short time when it does start up.

I have followed the standard suggested solution of power cycle many times.  Sometimes after being left unplugged for at least a week it will work but then the display locks after a short time and printer shows offline in print manager.

Managed to get it going earlier today and completed a HPPSdr test which updated the firmware, did get the current 'Supply Problem' error but changed cartridges which cured that but after a short while locked up again.

The initialising process seems to stall after only a few seconds on what sounds like a paper feed test attempt.

This has been happening for over 1 year, (I have an inkjet which I revert back to).

Can't find anything online which replicates the problem I'm having. 

Getting very frustrated with this problem!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation