Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6032e All-in-One Printer
iOS

When I print from iPhone, I am sometimes asked for username and password. I'm not sure of the password but I just wanted to cancel the password option.

How do I do this? I checked in HP Smart app and various settings and can't see an option to remove the password.

Screen shows:
Password required for HP Envy 6000 series [hexadecimal value)

Username
Password

Cancel and OK buttons.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@UnhappyPH 

Welcome back to the HP User Community.

HP Smart Mobile requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.

There is no "opt out" method - you have to sign in when asked in order to use the app.

HP Smart is available at the Apple Apps Store for iPhone an iPad

Example

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hp-smart/id469284907#?platform=ipad

Update

I've looked at your other posts...

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your questions / concerns.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

References / Resources

HP Smart (Mobile) - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 6032e All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

I don't think this is the HP Smart / account password. 
I have that saved on my device and sometimes need to enter that password.

This is a prompt box when printing. Usually I don't receive a request for username and password. But occasionally do.

I recall being asked to set up a separate password recently. But not sure which screen that was in. It might relate to Apple Airprint? It's not the Wifi Direct password, which I can retrieve.

I just tried to print a document and it's not asking for a username/password. As I said, it's intermittent.
I set up the printer a couple of weeks ago and it's mostly worked fine. But sometimes  there are issues with printing. 
This username/password box coming up is only recently  - and seems to be mainly if printing from HP's 'Printables' tile in the HP Smart app.

HP Recommended

@UnhappyPH 

OK.

Not sure - if this is not your HP Account sign-in to use the app, then you are likely already signed in to the application.

?

Try / Consider 

Print your "printable" selection from the Printables Website.

Two ways to try “HP Printables” (Replacement for Print Apps)

Open HP Smart Windows or HP Smart Mobile application

Click on the tile for Printables

Or

Open your browser and open the HP Printables Website

Select your category

Select / Click on a project for adults, children, learning, fun...

See what is available...

Print your choice...

One example - Art Therapy

https://printables.hp.com/us/en/search?input=%23art%20therapy&sortDirection=date_desc

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you, Dragon-Fur.

When I access the Printables option via the link you kindly provided, the page is blank when I click on the 'Preview and Print' button.  I can however download, then the artwork is displayed.

I'll monitor this  - as usual with these IT things, in a controlled test, it worked. But then that was happening earlier. Sometimes I get prompted for username/password. other times it prints straightaway. Not sure why - seems to be no difference in the way I am printing.

HP Recommended

@UnhappyPH 

You are welcome.

I cannot duplicate the issue you are having - that does not matter, of course, it does limit what I imagine might be wrong.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that for some reason your mobile device is not staying connected to your network - the userid / password (in that case) would be to reconnect to your Wireless network.  I do not have any particular confidence that this is actually happening else you'd notice the loss of connection.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

I will see if the issue reoccurs.
I have a recollection that at some point I was asked to input a password, which seemed to be asking for a user user-generated password. But can't remember where and the password is not saved on the device. I'm sure it was on iPhone. 

HP Recommended

@UnhappyPH 

Ah - OK.

Perhaps a "generated" password is something your phone security is offering or trying to interject.  Whether your security is concerned about your passwords does depend on whether it saves / handles / interprets / or otherwise watches your login accounts and activity. 

At the moment, I have an Android phone - I can use it but we are not friends - phone is largely a mystery.   I cannot offer much in the way of "Gee, try this" for Android.  I can print from it but sometimes it's a fight to make it do what I expect.

What else?  

iPadOS

I use the Safari browser like a three-legged-dog  runs a race course -- I can get to the finish but my journey might be fraught with difficulty.  Maybe Safari is trying to get involved in your passwords in some way.  

I'm out of ideas for the moment.

🤔

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you again.

I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I'm normally fairly savvy with all things IT - although this is the first wifi printer we've had.
I'm used to having to connect with a USB cable and adaptor on old printer!

I've resolved the initial wifi issues - I think. And most of the time printing now works. 
It's just the occasional quirks.
When I printed report (although that was yesterday) the printer output said wifi connection was excellent.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.