Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am posting this because that is how we find solutions to perplexing problems. I did not even try contacting HP.

First off, I love my printer. A lot. It prints great photos, scans super easy, and the HP Instant Ink program is well worth the monthly fee. So when I started getting a recurring "paper jam" message, I tried multiple attempts to correct the problem, even thinking that it might be a bad encoder. However, I then discovered that the printer worked from my HP phone app, and it printed fine when I tested my other computers. The root problem was clearly not the printer itself, but likely some other conflict. It's hard to think back when the problem started, but having recently bought a new desktop, and the problem only happened with that desktop, then the desktop was obviously the culprit.

Here's the short of it:

I followed the directions FOUND HERE  PRINTER FIX: uninstalled quite a few of the HP software (software does works fine with my other PCs though, just saying).

In addition, deleted the registry items here: 

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F68DF314-BD12-4549-941C-521CB8D16DDE}

After the reboot, I then installed just the print and scan drivers here  Professional IT drivers , NO other software (just close out after drivers installed).  

If you found this, then you know how aggravating a problem can be. I am one happy lady today lol. Good luck, hope this helps--

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.