Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-17-2015 05:00 PM
I'm setting up my new printer (model p1109w) on my MacBook Air. I have the IP address, but I'm unable to enable wireless direct.
Any help is appreciated.
11-19-2015 10:27 AM - last edited on 03-15-2017 03:42 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues enabling the Wireless Direct. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos.
What operating system are you using? Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
With the current IP address, were you able to add the printer on the Mac and print?
If you have a valid IPv4 address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. (Safari) You should have option to enable the Wireless Direct. Did it load the web page?
Please clarify if the printer is working and what steps you have done, to enable the Wireless Direct.
If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank you.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
04-08-2019 02:30 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP