Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8710

We changed our wireless router/modem so now the network is different. As my laptop wasn't synching with my printer HP office jet Pro 8710, I removed that device and then attempted to re-add it.  In the process I was asked to enter the WPS Pin for the printer.  The prompt says:  You can find the WPS Pin on your Direct-Er-HP Office Jet Pro 8710 or in the info that came with it.  I am unable to locate this info. Help. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Anton1200

Welcome to HP Support Forum. WPS PIN should be at the back of your router (if supported) not from your printer. Please watch the following video which is for a different printer but very similar, if not the same

How to Find the WPS PIN to Complete Printer Setup

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Anton1200 wrote:

We changed our wireless router/modem so now the network is different. As my laptop wasn't synching with my printer HP office jet Pro 8710, I removed that device and then attempted to re-add it.  In the process I was asked to enter the WPS Pin for the printer.  The prompt says:  You can find the WPS Pin on your Direct-Er-HP Office Jet Pro 8710 or in the info that came with it.  I am unable to locate this info. Help. 

Forget using a PIN.  Just run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to connect to your routers SSID with password.

HP Recommended

The WPS Pin is accessed from the printer control panel going through the Wizard Set up option to the Wireless Protected option.  You press a button, then the WPS Pin number flashes briefly, and then disappears. Then another number appears. Grab any one and insert into computer Windows Devices - Printer field (add device) before disappears. That's it.   

HP Recommended

Disappointed that no one has answered this question since I have the same question a few months later.

HP Recommended

Printer name: HP OfficeJet pro 8730. I want to know where to find the WPS

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Piocel

Welcome to HP support community.

Restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

Connect the printer to Wireless network using Wireless setup Wizard

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless).

2. Touch ( Settings ).

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here and select the printer model to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.