Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
samsung c1860fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I have had my samsung c1860fw for about 9 months now and it's been great.... until...

The LCD screen is blank. This happened a few days ago. The only way to wake the printer up is to either send a print from the pc (it's still printing fine) or to turn the power off and restart. If I hold down the wake up buttton, it briefly flickers on blue but doesn't stay on nor does it wake up the LCD screen. 

I have uninstalled everything from pc and reinstalled it all. Detached all cables, left unplugged for 30 seconds, for 15 minutes, all night etc. I have held the reset button, checked all the drivers etc and the pc says it is installed fine. 

Although I can still print, it is difficult as I need to use the LCD screen to be changing the paper I use which I do a lot - please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello 16designs

I would sugest you to make a Hard reset (unplugg the power cord from the back of your printer while it is ON, press and hold the power/wakeup button during 15 seconds), when you release the button, plug it back in and turn it ON. If that does not work you can contact the main support phone number 1-855-709-2202 option 2 > option 2, try to contact them with the invoice or the receipt got from the store where you aqcuired the printer.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.