Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SL-C480W
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all, my c480w is stuck on "boot" and the display says System Initialize. I've unplugged the device several times and every time it freezes on the same message. Usually the scanner (i think) makes some noices, the blue light circles on the menu and then it makes silent "glonk" sound and freezes. For a few times after restart is has done a few "rounds" so that scanner makes some noices, clears the display, displays System Initialize, glonk then makes the same noices again. Like it trying to recover or something... The device is only few weeks old and I've printed with it maybe 30-40 pages. Is there anyting I could try (some hard reset maybe) or should I just send it back? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I have tha same problem and I read that when it starts, the check of the motherboard i done so I think there is a problem on the motherboard
HP Recommended

Is there anyone fix this problem?? I have the same issue. My printer got a loop. Its warming up and after 7 sec its idle, invisible for computer and wifi a d starts warming up again. display no fault or anything wrong but doing check itself again and again... help? No service mode reset works, no power down or other silly methods works. Any solution guys??? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.