Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress C480W
Other

Dear Community,

I made the mistake to put a crinkled paper into my printer, which led to a paper jam that I am not able to resolve by opening it as intended. I took all the paper out that I could grasp, but it is still telling me that there is a paper jam.

Therefore I want to open the printer by loosening the screws and taking off the back plate.  I did loosen the screws but the back won't come off. What do I have to do?

Also: is there an other way to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can buy service manuals that describe disassembly of the printer including required tools and illustrations, or you can go to youtube and search for disassembling video for free.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.