Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I posted this originally and followed the instructions provided.  They seemed to work, so I set the query to 'solved'.  Then the same problem reappeared almost immediately.  I have tried everything that has been suggested and still, the problems continue.  I will never buy anything Samsung (or HP) again and will advise friends and family to do likewise.

HP Recommended

Sorry, doesn´t work.

Installed Airprint, rebootet computer and printer, no change, just printing loads of paper with one line of rubbish

HP Recommended

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Airprint worked for about a week, but now is printing 1-2 lines of Windigs on multiple pages of paper until I turn it off. VERY frustrating. 

HP Recommended

Hello, i could solve the problem. My printer is connected to the MacBook via Wlan. Earase the Samsung in the printer menue, then add it as new printer and don´t use AirPrint, but selected "General PCL Printer" and add it. Since then it does not print wild symbols but the text it should.

HP Recommended

After looking for a solution for months, I found this list of the printers that will have the 64-bit driver released at some point: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06520117

Samsung M2835DW is NOT one of them. 

Thanks, HP! You are delusional if you think anyone who now has to throw out their printer and toners, because you cannot provide a driver, will purchase HP or Samsung products again. You can pull this kind of thing only once. I won't be buying new equipment every time there is a system update, which, as we all know, will be often. I have lost all trust in HP. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Camarillobrillo, that seems to have done the trick, although it did work initially with AirPrint - will let you know how I go.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know GitaGr, at least I know where I stand!

HP Recommended

Hey that works! Thanks. A simple solution that HP could have easily given us. 

HP Recommended

Recently, I’ve noticed the strange characters only seem to happen when printing from Safari. If I AirPrint from my iPhone or iPad it prints perfectly. What I did was reconnect my Printer on my iMac with AirPrint, by pushing the WPS (I think that’s the name) on the router AND on the printer. Then I can print from everything. What seems to work if you need to print from Safari is to start the print, but then choose Print to PDF instead from the drop down menu. Then double click on the PDF and it should open in Preview and usually it will print ok from Preview. if not you could try printing from Printer Pro or Acrobat Reader. Sorry that the M2835DW won’t get a 64 bit driver. Hopefully an update to Safari will stop the ASCII characters. 

HP Recommended

The SL-M2835DW is on the list as in development.  Just no date available.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06520117

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.