Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Ive messaged KrazyToad 23Jan 11:30AM UK TIme. 

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad, from yr post it seems you are from HP support.

Well, I have a Samsung C480, from day 1st of MacOS 10.15 installation I can print, this thanks to a post on which were stated some commands to be inserted by terminal utility to avoid an error message given during drivers installation, but from that date I cannot anymore access to the scan. I installed both HP versions of scan drivers for 10.15, released by HP in Dec & then in Jan, nevertheless both installations failed with en error message to contact the manufacturer to solve the issue. In other words I must contact HP, but HP in uncontactable. Please advise, thanks 

HP Recommended

I will update every day here with any info i get, as i know we are all totally fed up with this issue STILL going on.

This is the ONLY issue that is stopping me upgrading my Macbook to Catalina. @KrazyToad
That might not sound very important but this is the last OS that my Macbook (2013)  will be able to take, and I rely on the latest software. If HP came out and stated "Yes it will be here next week" or "No sorry we will never be making a new driver" then we can move forward. (with or without HP). I work in many IT groups and word spreads fast. Support the people, as without them, you don't have much.
I take great pride in making sure equipment has a full life, better for the planet, better for our pockets, thats why I haven't jacked this in yet.  Yes I could go and buy a new Bother printer tomorrow but I shouldn't HAVE to. Todays rant over.

Give me a thumbs up, show support, and get anyone else to thumbs up our thread, lets get more support going.

HP Recommended

@Mrsimonb

I got your private message and your information is safe with us.

I have escalated your case to the concerned team and they will get back to you soon 

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Surely it isn’t @Mrsimonb case, it’s the thousands of owners without a working printer? I don’t really know what is hard to understand or needs privately escalating  it’s not like there is a strange edge case scenario where the drivers don’t work.

Can we have a public acknowledgement that there is a problem.

HP Recommended

I agree @Mleec but whoever gets a working driver out of HP is a win for everyone. I know its a simple answer to us, but we have to go through this process......again!!

HP Recommended

@krazyToad thanks for escalating this important issue that is affecting many of us. As this is a sensitive issue, can you give us some sort of time line? Should we hear something in a couple of days ?

HP Recommended

What amazed me is that HP has already issued 2 updates for OS 10.15 for my Samsung printer, nevertheless still the scan drivers installation fails. How this can be possibile? drivers are files of few mega, that should mean they are not complex programs.     

HP Recommended

@MacCatalinaUser

To @KrazyToad, please see this posting from @MacCatalinaUser earlier in our thread. She was promised a working driver by mid December, it didn't happen, John Lewis in the UK (a BIG store) admitted it didn't work and refunded her. This is a big problem, can you please get us some information quickly, just keep us up to date and dont let this stew for days and days.

26th Nov 2019

MacCatalinaUser

I've just opened a case with HP in the UK - they promise that the drivers are coming "by the end of November" and I explained that I would be returning the printer to John Lewis as not fit for purpose if I do not have them by mid-December.  We shall see …

21st Dec 2019

MacCatalinaUser

I went to John Lewis today.  While there, the technician installed the v.3 64 bit driver on their Apple macbook with Catalina.  Unfortunately the 64 bit driver didn't solve the problem of printing lots of pages with funny symbols.   Happily, they accepted the return of the printer and refunded the purchase price under the two year guarantee.  

HP Recommended

Hi Mrsimonb - can I just clarify that MacCatalinaUser is a "she", not a "he".  

Kind regards (don't Samsung printer drivers make a nice change from Brexit),

MacCatalinaUser

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.