11-07-2019 06:21 PM - edited 11-08-2019 05:58 AM
For others looking for a solution: This is it!!! Thanks to @emre858 but this is a slight variation which worked for me.
That's how I was able to install my fully functional M2070FW printer on Catalina
- I downloaded the latest driver (M2070_Series_Mac_PrinterDriver_V1.04.01.zip) form HP's site
- Unzipped the file
- Run the pkg file in ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC_Printer/Printer Driver.pkg
- This will will go through the install process, but mine threw an error twice ("InstallerApps") - press Cancel on the popups however, the installer continues and ends in success.
- Unzipped ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver.zip which created ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver folder
- Copy the file ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver/10.6/PPD/gzipfile/Samsung M2070 Series.gz to your home folder ~ (or desktop)
- Opened System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and hit [+] button to add a new printer
- Selected [Other...] under [Use] dropdown menu and selected the gz file Samsung 2070 Series
- Its possible that you might see the Samsung printers under [Use] -> Select Software, if so, you can select this.
- Voila! Both the printer and scanner is working!
11-08-2019 10:40 AM - edited 11-08-2019 01:50 PM
Great, this worked for me, but was still disabled with my desktop folder - possibly something to do with the new folder restrictions for certain folders or it being setup for syncing to iCloud. I copied the file to a non-icloud folder and it worked as expected.
Scanning worked ok and my first test print worked.
Supply levels don't show.
Thanks for the work around.
11-17-2019 08:55 AM
This didn't work for me with my Samsung Xpress M2835DW printer. I am able to get the gz file in the home folder, etc, but when I go to Add the printer and choose the gz file I get an error that says "Some of the software for the printer is missing. You may have to reinstall the software to be able to successfully print."
And then: "The software for the printer was installed incorrectly. Please reinstall the software from the manufacturer."
When I set it up via AirPrint, printing just produces a bunch of garbled characters at the top of each page and keeps printing pages like that even if the document is just 1 page.
When will HP provide an update to the drivers for 10.15???? This is ridiculous.