Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser printer Samsung scx-4600
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi,

i bought a new macBook Air with macOS big sur 11.2.3 and my Samsung scx-4600 printer doesn't work any more. even with the "hp smart for desktop app" i am not able to install the printer-driver. 

When i tried to install it as a simple PCL-printer it doesn't work...

If I load the printerdrivers from apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL905?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB) then the installation is not possible: "not the right requirements to install ..."

HELP please!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

11 days ago i startet to search for help here...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and no solution found.

HP Recommended

I have a same problem with Samsung scx-4300, once I updated to big sur I can't use the printer anymore. I have tried to add the drivers manually, but I couldn't find it in the list. Also, I have tried to add scx-3400 drivers to see if it works on scx-4300, but that didn't work. 

HP Recommended

It seems to me, that hp isn‘t programming new driver-software. And that is bad service in my opinion!

Even with more and more comments respectively this topic, there is no reaction…

HP Recommended

Hej could you try to contact the support with your HP Serial Number?

I tried to get in touch with the support staff but the serialnumber, which is on the silver sticker on my printer isn't working with the homepage. So there is no chance for me to contact any "real person" to ask when they will update these printer drivers...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.