Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M3325ND
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi,

I am setting up a network scanner (Kodak Scan Station 730EX Plus, running on Win10 IOT) and want to connect it to a Samsung ProXpress M3325ND network printer. The configuration requires me to provide the "print queue path" in the format \\192.168.xxx.xxx\printQueueName.

I know the IP address of the printer, that's not the issue. It's the second part of this "path"...

I've done a lot of research and tried a lot of potential print queue names but nothing worked so far.

Who can help me find out what the name of the print queue is on the Samsung network printers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your description, it seems as it requires a Share Name.

Please share the printer through the operating system first, then use the share path (e.g.\\computername\printername):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4089224/windows-10-share-network-printer

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi. The connection between scanner and printer should be direct, without any PC or print server required. That's the point.

For example, the Kodak Alaris support mentioned that for Kyocera printers, the name of the print queue on their network printers is simply "kyocera". I need the equivalent for Samsung network printers.

HP Recommended

It would already help me if anyone could tell me the name of the printer queue for ANY of the Samsung network printers out there. Assuming it would be the same for most of them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.