Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung C480 FW
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Scanner do not scan with color settings on, BigSur OS. Only B&W PDF or JPG. Other settings don't works.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP fixed the problem with new drivers for MacOS Big Sur. Alleluja! Now it's working fine with my c480fW.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TheRic62

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I use a similar printer, the M2070W but I think the problem is the same. As you probably found, you can print with Big Sur easily, delete the printer and re-add it using the native printing support instead of the driver and it will be fine. The problem is the scanner.

In order to scan these are the current options:

* only scan in black and white

* scan using a phone app and then share it via Google Drive or iCloud or something 

* if you use BootCamp, only scan in Windows, or use a spare older laptop

* buy VueScan, scanning software with extensive support for almost all older printers, for $50 😕

HP Recommended

HP fixed the problem with new drivers for MacOS Big Sur. Alleluja! Now it's working fine with my c480fW.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.