Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
SL-M2070FW
Android 9.0 Pie

It's now several months that Android Samsung Mobile Print doesn't get updates even if from the last release (build 4.08.13 released on Nov 22, 2019) there is big issue - reported by many people -  of generating Blank PDF when using Scan function.

When HP plan to SOLVE THE ISSUE?
Until previous build there wasn't such problem.. it was introduced by build 4.08.13 released on Nov 22, 2019

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.print.mobileprint&hl=en_US

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Same issue, and I have confirmed this on both my and my wife's phones.  Why did you bother rolling out an update if you didn't even test it?

HP Recommended

Same printer, same issue, with Android 10.

And even one more: it has become a mess to get the app use Wi-Fi Direct to connect to the printer: in the past the printer was detected from within the app and then you had to press WPS, now I have to go through the Android Wi-Fi setup and add the password manually to get connected (then the app can see the device).

This way the app has become almost useless... 😞

HP Recommended

It looks like HP is intentionally creating problems with Samsung printers.. as they still have the Samsung brand ..

In the past - when app was developed and maintained by Samsung -   it was always working perfectly.. 

HP Recommended

So I figured out a temporary workaround, at least for android devices.  I searched the internet for the Samsung Mobile Print ".apk" for an older version, and found a release from early 2019 (I think it was March?).  I then uninstalled the "new" crap version from my phone, and installed the old one.  I also disabled the auto-update for the mobile print app on Google Play so it doesn't install the broken one that HP had deployed.

Scanning works perfectly now.

HP Recommended

yes.. that's a workaround which I've also tried but strangely Google Play always update it even if I disabled auto-update.. 

And anyway.. I found really absurd that after over 4 months nobody in HP is thinking to either solve the issue or post the old (working) version on Google Play instead of this one..

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Even more recent versions can be found here: https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/samsung-mobile-print/

As soon as I can I will try the most recent one (end of 2019).

Whoever is going to make tests, please give feedback here.

Waiting for HP to deserve its name!

HP Recommended

Thanks... pls note that the "problematic" one is build 4.08.13 released on Nov 22, 2019

HP Recommended

Yes, you are right.

I will test the last but one version later today (hopefully) and I will give feedback here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.