nikul_patel
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Samsung firmware updates for CLX3185FW Printer

CLX3185FW laser printer color

Hi There

I have CLX-3185FW and its firmware is now 9 years old. Can someone point me to right site for firmware upgrade? i tried HP Support/Driver Download and I could not find firmware updates. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Printer_S
Level 4
110 105 10 8
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello nikul_patel

Is the printer requesting the Firmware upgrade?

Knowledge is to be shared.
0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
2,824 2,819 317 411
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Samsung released only one firmware version for CLX-3185 and that version is V1.00.01.46 

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
nikul_patel
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. Here is the issue. When I scan to USB, it is corrupting USB. It used to work for last 6 years and now it is not. I tried bunch of new USB sticks and same issue. No error while scanning but when I try to look at PDf file on laptop, USB stick would not even read content in File Explorer on Windows.

So I tried Scan to Email feature. Sync-Thru services is so old that SMTP setup doesn't even have SSL/TLS setting. Most of the email service providers requires SSL/TLS support. Newer Samsung SynThru services has these options and hence I thought Firmware upgrade is needed. Can you help me solve this issue without firmware update?

Setup.PNG

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation