Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-C480FW Color Laser Multifunction Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hi what a nightmare this is becoming. 
I have a Samsung C480FW laser printer, which they say is supported by HP?
first of all I’m running Mac OS 13.0 Ventura, which is not listed in the HP drop-down menu in this support page. And in here I think lies the intrinsic problem. The fact the HP cannot be bothered to correctly update drivers for a product that is still on sale today seems beyond me?

I have followed a thread on here that discusses this issue on a Mac OS Monterey install. But following this thread fails to address this same problem I have. I can print fine from every other device via air-print but not via a Mac. I have reinstalled the driver and followed the thread mentioned above etc… So I guess the real question here is why are the very wealthy and extremely profitable company “HP” unable to address the fact that their support is utterly useless???

If anyone has a fix for this problem then I would like to know. I’m getting to the point where it might be easier to just ditch this on the tip and buy a new product, from a different manufacturer of course. 
A a note I have turned off AirPrint via the printer admin and this works for the the Mac to print but then all other devices cannot print as the AirPrint is switched off.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The Samsung C480FW is no longer produced for several years now, and HP doesn't update software for obsolete Samsung printers. 
Did you look it up on a MAC forum, you might get a solution there.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.