Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Sasmung C1860FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has developed an issue where it no longer starts up correctly.

It has the Samsung logo with  "UI communication Error. The machine should be restarted for recovery"

It flickers on and off so quick I had to record a video to try and see what the message said:

Screenshot_20181003-115510.png

I can still access the Web GUI and change settings, however I can only print via LAN.

I can access the touch screen calibration menu, and if I press 123 together I can bring up the login menu, but have no touch capability to do anything.

IMAG1043.jpg

Things I have tried:

Upgrading / downgrading firmware

Removing/replacing battery

Checking all cables are securely fitted between PCB's.

Holding start + stop whilst powering on.

Does anyone have any other suggestion?

If the OPE needs replaced, where could I find one? eBay and Google searches have turned up nothing.

Kind Regards

Tony.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Had same issue, printer acting up after power issue (PG&E).

Board is : Scarlet 4.3inch OPE Main V_V0.5 6L

JC92-025505A

JC41-00770A

Searched for JC92-02505A and found the cheapeast [edit]

[edit] Will change it / fingers crossed. Board.JPGRepairClinic-1.jpgRepairClinic-2.jpg

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.