Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Used to be able to scan to email no problem.

But somewhere in the past year or so - it no longer works.

I've tried with a bunch of our email accounts (yahoo, verizon, gmail, etc.) and they all FAIL.

Also cannot scan to a Network Folder.  Tried to our NAS (FreeNAS) and to Windows 10 shares (both CIFS of course).

These shares work just fine with other clients (Linux, Windows) but not with the OfficeJet.

All testing was done in the "Scan" tab, both "Outgoing E-mail Profiles" and "Network Folder Setup".

Scanning to a usb drive and then sneakernet over to a PC is a real drag.

Not sure how I can make sure that the printer has the latest firmware.

Not sure what logs to look at on the printer.  Also: if anyone knows what logs to look at on the FreeNas, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sreeve2929, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please try the following and check if that may help:

• From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.
  • Click 'Turn Windows features on or off'.
  • Ensure the 'SMB 1.0/SIFS File Sharing Support' is checked with all its 3 sub-options checked as well.
  • Restart the computer as prompt if you enable any option as prompt, then check for any difference.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Works like clockwork: post the question to the forum, figure out your own answer minutes later...

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

Still hoping for some assistance with "Networkk Folder Setup" issue.

I.e. mount FreeNAS CIFS on HP 8600.

HP Recommended

@sreeve2929, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please try the following and check if that may help:

• From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.
  • Click 'Turn Windows features on or off'.
  • Ensure the 'SMB 1.0/SIFS File Sharing Support' is checked with all its 3 sub-options checked as well.
  • Restart the computer as prompt if you enable any option as prompt, then check for any difference.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to make this work (HP->Windows) by simply creating a folder on the desktop, sharing it to the world.

Then the HP 8600 OfficeJet could scan to that "Network Folder".

This is a plenty good enough solution.  Don't really need to save it to the NAS.

Thanks for the suggestions.

HP Recommended

And I was able to make the scan to email work by modifying the settings on the gmail side.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05519493

HP Recommended

@sreeve2929

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.