Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 750 series

Hello.

Few days ago I bought printer HP Smart Tank 750.

I set it up and printed few paged.

Then I wanted to scan some documents, I opened the cover lid, put the document on the glass, closed the lid, but the copy buttons were not active.

The copy done via AFD is working fine, also scanning using SMART Application or HP scan application is ok.

I tried to power printer off and on, without success. Once happened that I fogot to power off the printer and it get into sleep mode, I opened the cover lid and copy buttons were active and I was able to do document copy.

Immediatelly the printed was set up and conected to wi-fi (internet) it was automatically updated to newest firmware (SAYAADPP1N001.2137A.00)

I don't know what cause the issue, if it can be firmware update related or just some software or hardware error.

I will contact HP support and seller, due I have bought the printer just 5 days ago.

If you have any experience with such issue or any idea how to check/solve the issue, please answer.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @torontan,

I'd like to help!

I understand the copy button is not on.

To assist better -

Does the issue occur every time you restart the printer?

Is the printer connected to a wall outlet?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello @Jay_G24.

Below are the answers to your questions:

Does the issue occur every time you restart the printer?

It looks that this issue occurs only sometimes, and in case that you have printed something and then you want to copy.

Once you open the cover lid,  the scanner stay in default position (for scanning from ADF) and doesn't move to position for copy. Also the same scenario happens in case that printer stay in stand by mode for some time.

In this case printer power off and on not solve the issue. The scanner doesn't move to right position for scanning and blink green light.

Otherwise if you want to do copy when the printer is directly powered on, the copy is possible.

Is the printer connected to a wall outlet?

Yes, printer is connected/ plugged directly to wall outlet, not via extension cord.

Thank you for help.

HP Recommended

We could try a reset on the printer and check if that resolves the issue.

To restore printer factory defaults from the printer control panel

1. Press and hold the Information button for 5 seconds until the control panel buttons light up.

2. Lift the ink access door.

3. Press the Information button and the Cancel button at the same time for at least 3 seconds.

And the try and copy and let me know the results.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jay_G24

I did reset on the printer according the guide you wrote.

Hard to say if the issue is fixed.

Now once the printer is power on copy is possible (after open cover lid the scanner move to copy position).

I have to check later and try if the copy will be possible after the printer goes into sleep mode.

I will let you know.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Sounds good, keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I have a Smart Tank 750 as well and am facing the same issue. The copy buttons are lit if I insert documents from the ADF but not if there’s a document or an ID card in the scanner. 
This happens every time the printer is turned on. I’ve tried factory reset as well, which hasn’t solved the problem. 
Seems to be a problem with the firmware

HP Recommended

Hello,

today I powered the printer on and after I opened cover lid the copy buttons were available.

SO it looks fine.

Have to test also if the copy will be available once the printer wakes up from sleep mode.

I will post you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I found out that once I power the printer on and want to copy immediately it doesn't work for me.

But after some time (5 minutes) I tried again and when open the lid cover the scanner moved to copy position and copy buttons became active.

So I don't know if it's firmware issue or there is some sensor on cover lid, when you open it to trigger scanner move to right position for scanning.

HP Recommended

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.