Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I need to delete an old work email address from my printer.  I have uninstalled the printer on my computer, reset printer to factory settings, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm about to throw the printer out the window. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Not sure if this resource will be able to solve your issue but worth a shot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBydwxF2MTY

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I don't have access to that email account nor do I have the PIN.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a "Restore Printer to Factory Defaults".

Steps: 

1. Printer need to be connected to a Network

2. Get the IP address of the printer from the printer control panel 

3. Key in the IP address into a web browser to go to the Embedded Web Server page of the printer

4. At any security prompt > go to Advanced and proceed to the IP address

5. At the EWS page > Settings

6. Restore Printer to Factory Defaults

Do note that you will need to setup and connect the printer to the network again after a Reset/Restore to Factory defaults.

That should erase the Email account.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help.  Unfortunately, that didn't work either.  😞  I guess I'm just going to need to deal with it.

HP Recommended

Hi @KB629 

DId you went through the steps described?  

We tested and it was cleared

1. Created an email account,

2. Confirm that it was on the Scan to Email, 

3. Restore to Factory Default via Embedded Web Server

4. After Printer restarted, the Scan to EMail for that account was no longer showing up.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, I went through the steps.  I have reset factory defaults probably 20 times on my printer and it still shows up. As a matter of fact all three of the email addresses that I have listed show up.  The email address that I have access to I was able to delete it by having a PIN sent to my email address. Since I don't have access to my old work email, I'm unable to get the PIN and restore factory defaults doesn't seem to work correctly.  After it restarts and I connect it to my internet it prints the paper "Get the Most out of Your Printer" each time.

HP Recommended

Hi,

We followed this method on Youtube.  We did not see the email after doing a Restore to Factory Defaults:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHpmnBHEpvA

Can try this method?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, those are the same steps that I follow each and every time.  Here is what it looks like while doing it but the email addresses still appear on the control panel.  I guess I'm just going to have to **bleep** when I get a chance.  This is beyond ridiculous.  I've never had such an issue with a printer before.20220517_135239.jpg20220517_134941.jpg

HP Recommended

@KB629

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd love to help.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.