Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot scan to my computer because I do not have HP Twain scan. How do I download and install HP Twain scan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP TWAIN Scan - Use the HP TWAIN Scan application

Use the HP TWAIN Scan application to scan from a networked HP MFP product directly to a TWAIN application on the user’s computer.

Use the Select Source function to access HP TWAIN Scan

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Select Source.
  2. Select HP TWAIN Scan, and then click Select.

Use the Acquire function to complete the scan job

Use the Acquire function to either send a scan job directly to the MFP product or to open the HP Scan application to adjust the scan settings before the sending the scan job to the MFP product.

Send the scan job directly to the MFP product

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Acquire. The progress dialog is displayed.
  2. On the MFP product control panel, touch the scan job button.
  3. If the Scan PIN feature has been set up, enter the PIN and then touch Scan.
    If the Scan PIN feature has not been set up, touch Scan.

Send the scan from the HP Scan application

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Acquire.
  2. From the shortcut list on the HP Scan screen, select a scan job shortcut.
    • Color document
    • Gray document
    • Black and White document
    • Photo
  3. Adjust the scan settings.
    • Scan Size
    • Output type
    • Resolution
    • Item type
    • Source
  4. Click Scan. The progress dialog is displayed.
  5. On the control panel of the MFP product, touch the scan job button.
  6. If the Scan PIN feature has been set up, enter the PIN and then touch Scan.
Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

The following examples will show you how to enable and use "Scan to Computer".

Scan to Computer

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

HP TWAIN Scan - Use the HP TWAIN Scan application

Use the HP TWAIN Scan application to scan from a networked HP MFP product directly to a TWAIN application on the user’s computer.

Use the Select Source function to access HP TWAIN Scan

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Select Source.
  2. Select HP TWAIN Scan, and then click Select.

Use the Acquire function to complete the scan job

Use the Acquire function to either send a scan job directly to the MFP product or to open the HP Scan application to adjust the scan settings before the sending the scan job to the MFP product.

Send the scan job directly to the MFP product

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Acquire. The progress dialog is displayed.
  2. On the MFP product control panel, touch the scan job button.
  3. If the Scan PIN feature has been set up, enter the PIN and then touch Scan.

Send the scan from the HP Scan application

1. From the TWAIN application, choose Acquire.
  2. From the shortcut list on the HP Scan screen, select a scan job shortcut.
    • Color document
    • Gray document
    • Black and White document
    • Photo
  3. Adjust the scan settings.
    • Scan Size
    • Output type
    • Resolution
    • Item type
    • Source
  4. Click Scan. The progress dialog is displayed.
  5. On the control panel of the MFP product, touch the scan job button.
  6. If the Scan PIN feature has been set up, enter the PIN and then touch Scan.
Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@AgathaV

You start your solution off with "Use the HP TWAIN Scan application from a networked HP MFP product directly to a TWAIN application on the user's computer."

The issue I'm having with this instruction is that I cannot even locate the TWAIN Scan app. I have "HP Scan" installed on my old computer, which uses "HP TWAIN Administration". I scan regularly for work and this app has been invaluable. I'm moving over to a new computer and cannot, for the life of me, locate this same app to install. I've searched high and low to no avail. I know how to do everything else needed to get this working, but I just need to know how to access the TWAIN App download, so I can continue with this process. 

When I go to the "apps" setting on my printer/scanner, it gives me an error message, so I've been unable to locate it that way. When I search all the available devices for my printer on HP's website, nothing TWAIN comes up. But I know this app exists and works with this printer/scanner because I've used it for the last 5 years. 

Printer/Scanner: Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw

HP Recommended

Hi @jmlover87 

Download and install the HP FULL Software solution (which will have the Twain Software)

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunc...

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.