Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 3520
Microsoft Windows XP

Good morning, I have a Hp Deskjet 3520 printer all in one that prints with either the cable and wifi but I can no longer use the scanner, because after chhosing the settings, the same that I have always used, and after the start I see this message: "HPScan.exe application error. The required data is not in memory due to a State of error I/O of 0x75b2b11c ". I repeated the installation many times but the scanner does not work even using it from the printer. Thank you for the help. Andrea

Erroe message scanner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andreone

I thank you for your response and understand the situation well.

I request you to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Andreone

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 3520 printer. I understand that you are getting network scanner connection error and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Restart devices and check driver scan settings.
  • Check the network and printer connection status.
  • Run the Print and Scan Doctor.
  • Uninstall the printer software.
  • Reinstall the HP software.
  • Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.
  • Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello, thank you for your speed, but I followed all the instructions, but it did not work none of the attempts. The scanner works with the Web scan or the scanner feature built into Windows, but strangely does not work with Paint. What other solutions are possible? I downloaded the software from the website but after a few attempts won't install. Works only from the cd. I also updated the firmware, but it did not help.

Kind regards.

Andrea
HP Recommended

@Andreone

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Follow the steps below to check the WIA Service:

1. Type services.msc in run or search program and files

2. Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition

3. Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure

4. Restart the computer

Restart the Dependencies services:

1. Click on Start, in Search box type “services” without quotes.

2. Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

3. Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.

4. 2 services should be listed.

5. Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

6. Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.

7. Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.

8. Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.

9. You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.

10. Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, unfortunately there was no solution. It was only possible to check the WIA Service, but the other items you've indicated are not visible or I can't log on to stop it and restart it. After to check the WIA Service, the scanner has completely stopped working, and is not working not even with the imaging tool, which had previously been possible. I think it all depends on the Windows XP upgrade, because before the upgrade I didn't have this problem. I do not understand why I can't install the software I downloaded from HP site not even in safe mode, the installation in fact only works from the CD but I guess the online software is up to date and could maybe solve the problem.

Kind regards.

Andrea
HP Recommended

@Andreone

I thank you for your response and understand the situation well.

I request you to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.