Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 6978

I'm known not to have computer skills. I need help setting up this printer to fax without a phone line

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer hardware cannot fax without a phone line, a fax line is required to send or receive faxes with your HP printer, see the 'Can I fax if I only have cell phone service (wireless faxing)?' section:

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/ish_2461170-2225628-16

You may use online services to send fax wirelessly, HP Mobile Fax feature as an example allow faxing from the HP Smart app using the service, regardless of your HP printer (currently this feature is offered as a free trial till a future date and no payment details are even gathered till any pricing plans would become available in the future), which allow sending faxes to another number (only send capabilities are offered there and not receiving), or other online fax services, such as eFax as example).

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.