Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I scan a document using the HP Smart app and select the appropriate paper size (letter or legal) the document size of the PDF is not the letter or legal size when I open the PDF and attempt to print it actual size.   When I open the PDF of the scans (in Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro) the document sizes are changed as follows:  a scan of a letter sheet becomes 34.33 x 26.5 in and scan of a legal sheet becomes 43.33 x 26.5 in.

This is a scanning problem that has started occurring in the past few weeks.  I checked scans that were created before May 1 and they all reflect the actual document sizes when you open the PDF's.

I am set up to print/ scan wirelessly.  I believe the HP Smart software was updated recently to add enhanced features, but I do not recall if that was when the scanning problem started or not.

How can I ensure the scanned document size does not change?  I cannot find any settings in the HP Smart app or in the printer settings that would be causing it to change and I am not sure why it is happening all of a sudden.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.  I also tried resetting the HP Smart app and set up the printer again as if it were new.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-seri...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-seri...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the full software package and it came with the HP Scan software.  I am able to scan using this software and it retains the page sizes that are scanned.  It also has the ability to save scan shortcuts, which is a nice feature.

I'm guessing the original issue must have been with the HP Smart software.  It would be great if there was a fix for that software to address the problem because it is clear the problem does not occur using the HP Scan software.

The HP Scan software is a good alternative and addresses the problem.

Thank you for the recommendation!

HP Recommended

HI @dnap911 

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

i have the exact same issue. 

I understand installing the full software will work as mentioned, but it doesn't explain why this happen out of nowhere.

I have high profile users that have adapted to HP Smart -  all working just fine until recent. 

I just hope someone can give you a better solution than a workaround. 

Have a good day. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.