Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn

Does my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn do 2 sided document faxing? If so how do I turn it off?

I fax 2 pages, my receipient gets 3 pages. It shows it in the fax report. 3 pages sent. If i send 5 pages, they get 7 or 8 pages.

Maybe it is seeing something on the back side of the pages and sending that as an extra page?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Looking at the specs, the LJ M479 does not have Auto Duplex for Copy/Fax.  When you copy, do you get extra pages?  Do all faxes sent to all numbers print extra pages?  Send a test fax.  Does paper feed correctly?  Watch the control panel.  When sending message displays, does it show sending the correct number of pages?

HP Recommended

No extra pages on copy! Only when sending a fax. Bizarre right? The ADF document feeder works fine and feeds properly - although there is a pause - for example page 1 will go right thru the feeder but it will briefly pause halfway thru scanning page 2.

This problem occurs for every recipient we tried so far. About 5 different phone numbers. The control panel doesn't show a page count AFAICT, but the fax report that gets printed at the end shows that the extra/ghost pages were sent.

HP Recommended

Yes, very weird.  For the Fax Job-status, press the home button and swipe down the top Dashboard bar, from there see the Jobs menu to locate the Fax Job.  Look in the printer properties box to see if the separator page is on.  Also, you could try a Universal print driver or a different model MFP print driver.

HP Recommended

I dont seem to have an option to see finished fax jobs on this printers UI. I also can't find any option to have separator pages. We are faxing right from the machine, not from a computer.

I am suspecting that this problem started after the latest firmware update on 11/14/2022. Gonna try a factory reset. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.