Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am wondering if the Envy 7640 can do 2-sided scanning (duplex) using the ADF. I am aware that the Officejet software has this capability, but am not sure what software the Envy line carries. This will be the determining factor if I need to get an Officejet over the 7640.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which Officejet are you talking about ? The Envy 7640 can't scan duplex automatically. Software won't make it work because it does not have hardware to do that. You have to do this manualy AFTER scanning the first side (it will give you instructions to put original right way).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which Officejet are you talking about ? The Envy 7640 can't scan duplex automatically. Software won't make it work because it does not have hardware to do that. You have to do this manualy AFTER scanning the first side (it will give you instructions to put original right way).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

You have answered my question! Thank you. I should clarify, not necessarily automatically...having it scan one side, then the user (me) putting the stack of papers back into the ADF for the scan of the backsides of all the papers. In which the HP software will then put all the scans in the correct order. The officejet I was referring to is the software that comes with the Officejet 5740.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the info - I believe the OJ5740 and the Envy 7640 have same specs (or very close). My loan printer (for testing) is an Envy 7640.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The HP software does not seem to support two sided scanning from the Envy 7640 Feeder?

Am I mistaken?

How could HP leave this capability out?

Its a simple thing to do in software.

Scan your X pages, flip over and scan in other side. Let software put in the pages in correct order.

This is a required and yet missing feature from the HP Envy 7640?

My previous Canon Pixma MX 925 had this capbility.

I'm very disappointed that HP Software doesn't seem to have this.

Gerry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.