Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP 2135. Trying your suggestion, but I couldn't download HP print and scan doctor. Will update when it's working.

HP Recommended

None of the HP solutions seem to work anymore. Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of HP Solutions Centre from the Printer drivers website I suggested earlier ?

I still need to find updated drivers that will make the Windows Scan App work.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP 2135. Scan function stopped working after Windows 11 installation, the print & copy works just fine. Found this suggestion and tried it. Plugging the cable solution didn't work. Then, downloaded and installed HP Print & Scan Doctor, it recommended me to install full driver solution, choose manual installation over HP Smart App (already installed), follow the rest instructions, and done! Never thought this would be so simple regarding all the work around I've found everywhere on the internet. Thanks @Echo_Lake !

HP Recommended

After downloading and trying HP Print and Scan Doctor many times - it suddenly sprang into action this morning and worked its miracles. Took a few attempts, and much whirring away inside my computer, and finally everything works again. Obviously something has changed, but let's just hope it stays that way. Thank you HP.

HP Recommended

I have tried to find solutions from HP but nothing help!

then the "GOD"gle (best solution ever) has suggested to:

goto-settings-system-troubleshoot-other troubleshooters-printer; click "RUN"

then select your printer "OR" HP Smart Printing; click "NEXT"

then it will recommend to fix; click "FIX" and it is done!!!!!

don't try to unplug the cord or USB.... that was a stupid suggestion from HP

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 11 after at least 24 hours of screwing around I am finding NO scanner will work. Epson, HP, and Brother. Fortunately I have a few different ones in the office. The Epson and Brother are basically new (ES-400II & DS620). They both seems to connect and Windows 11 says the "Device is working properly", but when you go to scan it comes back with the scanner is busy (error e1460-b305) , or an error of some kind.

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 11 after at least 24 hours of screwing around I am finding NO scanner will work. Epson, HP, and Brother. Fortunately I have a few different ones in the office. The Epson and Brother are basically new (ES-400II & DS620). They both seems to connect and Windows 11 says the "Device is working properly", but when you go to scan it comes back with the scanner is busy (error e1460-b305) , or an error of some kind.

HP Recommended

Why must we always get a "re-boot, update, re-install" answer? 

HP Recommended

To expand on your issues....After upgrading to Windows 11 after at least 24 hours of screwing around I am finding NO scanner will work. Epson, HP, and Brother. Fortunately I have a few different ones in the office. The Epson and Brother are basically new (ES-400II & DS620). They both seems to connect and Windows 11 says the "Device is working properly", but when you go to scan it comes back with the scanner is busy (error e1460-b305) , or an error of some kind.

HP Recommended

Fixed it on my system!  Running Dell Inspiron Laptop and HP 3830 Office Jet printer.  Click start, open all apps, scroll to HP, right click, more, then app settings.  Once the setting box opens click "Bluetooth & devices" followed by "printers and scanners". Click on your printer then scanner settings. Double click your printer, allow changes to your device (if asked), events, then change "start this program with " "SCAN" instead of "windows fax and scan".  Hopefully this helps someone!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.