Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6420e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to enlarge a cross stitch chart on my HP Envy 6420e and am not getting anywhere - apart from losing my rag, paper and ink!!!  Everything comes out the same size

I tried something I googled but that didnt work either. Help please

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PollyDoodle 

Welcome to the HP Community --

If not done, Install the full driver printer software (not just HP Smart).

Unfortunately, the only installation package I can find is the Easy Start that does require you to have an Internet connection during the installation.  Hopefully that will work for your situation.

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download / Save / (then) Install <<<

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software (Internet connection required for driver installation) 

When asked, opt for the Full Driver to be installed.

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in. 

Video

HP Envy 6055 | HP Envy Pro 6455: Download & Install HP Full solution software on Win 10 Computer

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

Optional - Supported for your printer

Stand alone or install after the full driver printer software.

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download / Save / (then) Install <<<

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in. 

After the full driver is installed, you can use a variety of print software / apps to get what you want.

For example, if the design you want to print is in PDF format, use Adobe Reader DC to print in Poster.

Poster printing supports printing your PDF file in any size using one or more sheets of paper that you can later tape together or use as sections.

Print PDF - Size or Poster

Open the PDF document in Adobe Reader DC 

Click the Print icon

Open Properties

Set Shortcut to Everyday Printing (Plain paper, single sided)

Select your Paper Size

Click OK to save change(s) and Exit the Properties menu

Next,

Main print menu

Page Sizing & Handling

If printing at 100% or smaller, and the content fits on the paper, Page Sizing & Handling = Size

Then select Actual, Fit / Shrink to fit, percentage (wording varies)

OR

If printing “larger than 100%”, or the content size requires it, Page Sizing & Handling = Poster

Poster Printing - Notes

• If the page size is equal to or smaller than the paper size and you want the output larger, increase the Tile Size
  • If the file is already larger than the paper size, it will be divided into Tiled sheets needed to print the file
  • Enter an "overlap" and whether you want the "cut marks" included

When ready, click to Print

Example - Adobe Reader - Poster Print samples

PDF_Document_Poster_Compare_Tile_2PDF_Document_Poster_Compare_Tile_2

PDF_Document_Poster_CAD_3PDF_Document_Poster_CAD_3

What else?

If your design is in JPEG format,

Use Microsoft Paint

Paint supports a simple Poster print format.

Instead of "Tile" size, select the custom percentage of 100%

Note that Paint (at this writing) does not support the concept of "cut lines".

Example - Paint - Poster

Paint_Print_Scale_Poster_300_1Paint_Print_Scale_Poster_300_1

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP ENVY 6420e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

Thank you for your reply.  I have downloaded but haven't had time to try yet

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.