Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I deleted HP Scan from computer and then used the previusly installed HP printer assist.  It does not go to the cloud.

I pray I just didnt give HP a loophole to fill.

HP Recommended

For Mac users, there is an app called  HP Easy Scan which bypasses using an HP account/cloud service.

Scanned docs go straight to your apple computer (fingers crossed there is no back end image capturing/storing on HPs end)

Really a shame products like this are hopping on the Cloud circus. Grateful Easy Scan is more seemingly straightforward and secure

HP Recommended

Please provide the actual driver software for OfficeJet Pro 9018.  The standard "HP Smart" bundle does not support scanning without use of Cloud Services.  

Also, why is this printer offline most of the time?  Is there some energy saving setting that I can disable to make its network interface available 24/7?

Thanks,

Orion

HP Recommended

That link is dead.

HP Recommended

Your dead link does not help people who just want a button to work

HP Recommended

I had the same predicament. I always liked having the local application on my laptop. It is called  : "HP Printer assistant".  Mine was really tricky.  I would go to the HP site and lookup my printer. Mine is the HP  Office Jet Pro 9020 series.  

Link was here: HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

At the top of the page it would show you the HP Smart which is a cloud based application.  It was already installed on my PC.  I then looked at the Software-Utility section of that above link.  I figured out that you have to select  the "HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software".  This is the hp assistant for the 9020.  I ran the executable file.  I  was able to install it. Just note that it will ask you to agree to terms and conditions and to data collection . I had to click both.  You can always disable data collection.  HP even asked for the postal code which is really none of their business. But it didn't have any way around it.   Once the install is done, you will notice it puts the icons on your desktop. like the "HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 series-HP Scan"  This takes you to the nice application that is local to your PC.  Have a lovely day!!! 😄

HP Recommended

Me too. When my ink runs low, I will get a new printer that is not HP,  - maybe even buy it before.  Tonight, I was desperate, so I logged in and used the cloud service to scan.  I did this after researching and seeing that I could no longer scan to my computer as I had been happily doing with my wireless HP printer for months.  Further proof of how I knew this "log into the cloud" was going to me a mess, when I logged in, it wanted me to have a user name, said my user name was already taken.  So I went along and used a new/different user name.  I'm sure the "taken" user name had been taken by me - HP couldn't get it right.  So many accounts to remember.  Even if I used a password manager, I would have to keep a record myself. 

HP Recommended

count me among the 200 who just joined the 20. One comes away feeling that this is another piece of evidence in the growing critique of cavalier big tech behaviour that infringes on privacy and democracy. (I am more likely to take my 9025 to our local electronic recycling center--and turn back to Epson, which to my knowledge doesn't require sharing my material on the cloud. Clouds bring rain.

HP Recommended

I followed your advice. While it is a good work around for many, I noticed the scans were limited to 300 dpi -- which is lower quality than I want for some artwork.  I use a Windows 10 machine and found that the Windows Fax & Scan program will allow the full 1200 dpi on my HP officejet 9012 printer.  That file is WFS.exe if you have it.

I'm still planning on dumping HP when the ink runs out though. Horrible customer service.

HP Recommended

I feel the same way. Thanks for the tip.  I will keep that in mind when I do artwork, too.  I will not be buying HP again either. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.