Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6975
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer display panel shows the following oprions on the Scan Menu:

DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Scan to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Scan to Print to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Scan for E-mail to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Scan for Fax to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Scan for OCR to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM
Computer Not Listed

All option work (from the printer display panel) when scanning but "Scan for OCR to DESKTOP-3LE7HPM"
(3LE7HPM is my computer)  does not.

A meesage:

"Scanning operation failed
    Settings reading failed"

appears on my desktop.

Printer panel just displays "Operation failed"

HP says this option is not available from the printer and I argue that it should not be a menu item.

Ironicall, if I use the PC-based Scanning software and scan to OCR,  it works!!!!

Printer is connected wirelessly but  also fails if  hard-wired!

Any clues/options? Please!!

BobO'B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@bobob1501

Thanks for reaching out to the forums!

I understand that you're getting the scan issues on the printer.Don't worry as I'll be glad to help.

Here, I recommend you to download and install the ReadIRIS software from the given link: Click here, then turn off the PC and the printer and turn it back on.

Let me know how it goes, cheers 🙂

Cheers, Have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@bobob1501

Thanks for reaching out to the forums!

I understand that you're getting the scan issues on the printer.Don't worry as I'll be glad to help.

Here, I recommend you to download and install the ReadIRIS software from the given link: Click here, then turn off the PC and the printer and turn it back on.

Let me know how it goes, cheers 🙂

Cheers, Have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This workedbut the only issue I have is that I can only use the scanner's feeder. Appears that one cannor OCR from scanner glass.

This worked but the only issue I have is that I can only use the scanner's feeder. Appears one cannot OCR from the scanner glass.

What I have is workable - better than what I have!

Thanks.

BobO'B

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.