Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M277DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I improve the quality of scans via the ADF? There is a weird bit of plastic over the glass, how do I clean this area?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Do not remove that transparent plastic, it's there for a purpose.  Use a lint-free cloth damped in hot water to clean, use some mild soap for heavy dirt. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Understood 🙂 Do i just clean on top f the plastic or do I clean between the glass and the plastic?

HP Recommended

Just the top, don't even try to to clean it underneath.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Ok dokey! It does look a bit amateur 🙂 Can I ask specifically why its there?

HP Recommended

As a paper guide, without it, the paper would jam. It looks a bit amateur I agree.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Am I being stupid here? Is the paper scanned above the plastic (poor optics) or below the plastic through the glass (better optics)?

HP Recommended

The paper is passing above plastic, plastic is 100% transparent and doesn't have any effect on scan quality ( unless damaged or dirty).

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Noted but still dubious over the quality of scans via the adf!

Thanks for your replies!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.