Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have my new HP 9010, I just don't know how to use the scan function.  On my computer screen, after clicking on the scan symbol on my computer, I receive "Scanning is currently unavailable..  Click on "Home" to see if your printer is connectred.  I did that and I get "Printer status is unknown."  So how do I connect my printer. To me eveything looks connected.  Just about everytime I get a new HP  printer they did something to make it difficult to operate.

So how do I connect my printer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rapturesaint 

If you have not done so, connect your printer to your network.

Know your Printer

"What the printer can do"

Specifications for the many models in this series:

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-in-One Printer series - Product Information > Select Product Specifications

Hint:  Be sure to read / bookmark your Specifications document so you can refer to it later.

Connect your Printer

If you have not done so, add your printer to your network.

How you do that depends on what kind of network you have, what kind of connection you want to use (Wireless, Si-Fi Direct, Ethernet), and your goals (how will you use the printer).

Ethernet:   Wired Network Printer Setup (Windows)

Standard Wireless:  Wireless Printer Setup

Wi-Fi Direct (Wireless between the printer and the computer without a router network):  Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

All connection options discussed and explained:

User Guide Chapter 7 Network Setup - starting on page 132

Install the Printer Software

If you have not done so, install the software for the printer.

1. Download-and-Save the Full Software Solution  or HP Easy Start Printer Setup for your Operating System version.
  2. Navigate to the folder in which you saved the software installation package (likely Downloads)
  3. Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation

NOTES

• If you use the EasyStart method, select the Full Software Solution (full feature software / driver) when the option is presented.
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

** Optional - Video help **

NOTE:  Videos may be found in one or more locations (depending on printer / software / version)

Open the printer Software and Drivers page >

Scroll down and select Related Videos > Click View All >

Find and view the relevant video

AND / OR

** Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer” **

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open the printer Website Support Homepage >

Scroll down and select Video Tutorials > Click View All >

Find and view the relevant video

AND / OR

HP Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery

• Use Categories and the search window to narrow the search. 

For example,

Category Printers and All-in-Ones > Install, Setup, Drivers

• Select your Video

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the software is installed, shortcut icon(s) will be added to the Desktop for the Printer Assistant and HP Scan.

Example

Printer_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_DesktopPrinter_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_Desktop

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.