Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Photosmart 7520 printer believes that paper is in the automatic document feeder and is not inserted correctly.  There is no paper in the ADF. This results in the printer being unable to scan from the flatbed glass or the ADF. The problem occured while using the flatbed scanner and constantly opening and closing the scanner lid.

The swtich sensor inside the ADF does not make the noise it used to when paper was inserted. The sensor moves but does not register the paper being loaded. The small motor that drives the gearchain to pull the paper through the ADF only runs for a second befoee the error message occurs. All rollers are cleaned as per other advise, the rest procedure was followed and the power up/down procedure was followed with no positive resolution.

I need a solution that addresses the sensor failure or a procedure to remove the ADF and replace with an alternate ADF (I have a second 7520 with a working ADF but with a very worn printer mech).

Please assist, this device is relatively new and a significant investment has been made in buying ink for it

The solution to use the photosmart pc based software for scanning will not suffice

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ikelly

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that that your Printer keeps saying there is paper in the ADF eventhough it's empty.

I suggest you do a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

You can also update the Firmware from Here

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Let me know how it goes.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @KrazyToad 

I already tried the methods you outlined and communicated that it does not work. What I need is a disassembly document that allows me to swap the ADF between a new and older printer.

Can you please help me to find a document that allows me to remove the top of the printer or the ADF?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@ikelly

Hi,

as @KrazyToad is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to inform you that the ADF is a non removable part of the printer. If there is a hardware failure with the ADF then the printer needs to be replaced.

You may contact our HP phone support team to explore the available options for the printer based on the warranty.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Same issue ecountered and followed all instructions but still a problem. Is there any way to disable the ADF sensor or function so we can use galss bed all the time?  This way, we do not need to buy a new machine, please help, thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.