cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
paulus62
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Poor Scan Quality

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 7740
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have recently set up a HP OfficeJet Pro 7740, primarily to use as an A3 scanner, but the scan quality is very poor.

I am scanning illustrations at 600dpi and in a side by side comparison with my old Canon A4 scanner the HP scanner is currently giving extremely poor results. The HP scan results look like they have been processed through a heavy contrast and sharpening filter and the result is very poor quality and for my purposes, currently unusable (see side by side detail attached).

I have tried using the HP Easy Scan App and the generic Printer and Scanner App on Mac OSX 10.14.6 and they are both giving the same poor results with this scanner.

Is it possible to recalibrate the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 scanner or is there something else that I can try to improve the image quality?

side by side Canon A4 scanner and HP A3 Scanner resultsside by side Canon A4 scanner and HP A3 Scanner results

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation