Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the midst of scanning a picture to my flash drive, an 8-10 alphanumeric code appeared for a split second (it may have started with a B) and was replaced by "Printer Error, turn off and then turn on your printer".  At the same time, all lights are flashing; all four on the display screen, the blue Wi-Fi, and the on/off. The only one that will function is the on/off button.

When I had to download the Scan Dr again, it updated a half dozen files before it would let me complete the download so all HP software should be current.

I have turned the printer off/on a number of times, unplugged it from the power source - waiting 30 seconds, an hour, four hours while I went to work. I have tried the Scan Dr which took several retrys to get it to even acknowledge my printer even though it displayed my printer for me to select. It said everything was fine but I was only able to print one test page, that I then could not scan. I have retried the Scan Dr several times and now it's telling me that my IP address is wrong, even though it accepted it an hour or so ago without an issue. At one point, it suggested that there was a problem with the wifi but two other devices are working just fine on wifi.

I also tried to use the HP support webpages. Although there is a section that suggests it will help you with decifering error messages and lights, there were no options for any error message and/or light patterns that are even similar to those that are displayed on the printer.

Would appreciate any suggestions... thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @cannotbeeasy - Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help with the printer issue 🙂

I see that you are getting printer error message. Appreciate all your efforts. I’d suggest you update the printer firmware and check.

Go to http://hp.care/2peqSRW  download and update the printer firmware.

Now, try a power drain as suggested below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

DVortex -

Thanks for the suggestions.  Loaded firmware and performed the power drain per the instructions. All looked promising but the moment I tried to scan something the screen went blue, a code briefly appeared (starts with B8BD, then 2-3 numbers and ends in a letter, I think) with some unrecognizable graphc above it and then I get the message on a black screen that there is a  "(yellow triangle) Printer Error. There is a problem with the printer. Turn the printer off, then on. "  The white buttons (home, return, ?, the red x, the blue wifi and the white power button all start blinking at the same time and remain so. When I turn off, then on, I get the same blue code and black error message.

HP Recommended

Hello, @cannotbeeasy

It looks like a hardware issue with the machine 😞

Please contact the HP phone support to get the printer service options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I’ll do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks again for trying to help. I have followed your suggestions a number of times; different days of the week and different times of the day. The only contact option I am ever offered is to Tweet. There is some comment about returning during operating hours but it never identifies when those operating hours are. Although I do appreciate you trying to resolve the problem, the company does not seem willing to help me. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue however it didn’t do it in a middle of a job. We moved it and plugged it back in and it automatically went to flashing lights and the error message I have followed everything step I can find on line to fix the issue and nothing has worked. I even tried to update the firm ware but the printer is locked on printer error there is a problem with the printer turn it off then on. This is frustrating 

any advice from anyone?

HP Recommended

@BWJW2020

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.