Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

My printer scanner recognizes my computer but I can’t scan documents 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Czargus,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your printer scanner recognizes your computer but you're encountering issues with scanning documents, there could be a few reasons behind it. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Check Connection: Ensure that your printer scanner is properly connected to your computer, either via USB cable or through a network connection. Sometimes, a loose connection can cause scanning issues.

Update Drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your printer scanner installed on your computer. You can usually download them from the manufacturer's website.

Restart Devices: Try restarting both your computer and your printer scanner. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

Check Settings: Verify that the scanning settings on your computer are configured correctly. Make sure the correct scanner is selected and that the scanning resolution and other options are set appropriately.

Security Software: Sometimes, security software or firewall settings on your computer can interfere with scanning. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software and see if that resolves the issue.

Scan from Printer Panel: If your printer has a control panel, try initiating the scan directly from there. This can help determine if the issue is with the printer itself or with the connection to your computer.

Test with Different Software: Try scanning using a different scanning software on your computer. If the issue persists with multiple software programs, it's likely a hardware or connection issue.

Check for Error Messages: If you're receiving any error messages when attempting to scan, take note of them. They can provide clues about what might be causing the problem.

Update Firmware: Ensure that your printer scanner's firmware is up to date. Firmware updates can sometimes address compatibility issues and improve performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.