Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 281fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with MFP 281fdn. The leaflet is statin that you can scan to OneDrive from the device but there is no option on the printer or in JetWeb menu. Does anyone knows how to scan directly to OneDrive ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@AdamU1

Welcome to HP support community.

Scan to Onedrive option is not available in this printer.

Here is the HP user guide for this printer:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandyech20,

Very strabge you're saying that because you're official Data Sheet is saying something else. That confuse your customers. 

m281.jpg

HP Recommended

@AdamU1

What options are you getting while scanning?

Could you please share the screenshot to understand better?

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

There is no option on the printer (in the web apps) or in the HP software installed on the PC. I can see that there is a plugin installed scan to one drive but there is no option to use it whatsoever. 

Cheers

HP Recommended

@AdamU1

I would suggest you add the "Scanned document" folder (the folder in which the scanned items are saved, usually under "My documents") on your PC to be synced with your Onedrive account. This can be done easily and will give you the exact same results of scanning to Onedrive. Log in to your Microsoft Onedrive, find the scan folder on your PC and add the folder to sync with your Onedrive account. Now, you simply scan to your PC and the scanned files will be automatically synced and saved in your Onedrive account.

I hope this helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The OneDrive plugin is installed with the HP Full Feature software, that should be available from within the HP Scan application,

If I'm not wrong, that should be available by selecting Everyday Scanning from the HP Scan software, then the One Drive option should be available within the scan target drop-down (I'm not sure about the exact wording)

Please let me know if you can't find it, will test it once can access the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

I already know about that option but this is not Scan to OneDrive, it's purely scan to network folder that is being offered by all other manufacturers. I picked this specific product because of the option scan to OneDrive. Anyway I'm sorry but I don't think it's worth the time as first you are telling me that this printer doesn't support Scan to OneDrive but your data sheet says something different. I think Scan to One Drive statement should be removed from your data sheet to not to confuse customers. I'm returning that device as HP proved me again that even Customer Service dosen't know what they are offering.

HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL,

That option is not available unfortunately. I've checked HP Software inside out as well as the menu on the printer and there is no option to configure Scan to One Drive. Scan to Google Drive is available but not scan to One Drive. 

I've just prepared that device to be returned, it is quite a simple device and it shouldn't take ages to figure out how to run simple task. I believe that other manufacturers will be able to offer me device that actually is working with everything they advertise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.