Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
iOS

HP Smart Scan App… can’t find where the 92 pics are on my ipad that I just scanned in for my stepson’s funeral.  Please help.   I’m trying to do a slideshow for his memorial.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GMSB 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

Where the data landed depends on where you selected to save the content after it was scanned.

Example - HP Smart - Mobile - Scan from Printer > Save / Share

HP_Smart_Mobile_Scan_Save_Share_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Scan_Save_Share_1

General Comments - Save Locations

The scanned photos are perhaps stored in your Photos folder.

Look first in Photos

If you have hundreds or thousands of photos in the Photos folder, you might have to wait a minute for the data to populate.

Open Photos

If the folder opens to any except the "top folder", Click the < arrow until you land on the main Photos level.

Standard choices in the top level might include:

Library

For You

Places Favorites

Recents

Search

For example,

Select Recents to find the most recent entries.

Reference

View photos and videos in the Photos app on iPad 

Not there?

Next, open and check iCloud > "Files"

Also (generally) listed in Files is the "On my iPad" location.

If you have a Windows style "OneDrive" folder mapped / loaded on your iPad, items can also be added to that folder location.

References / Resources

HP Smart (Mobile) - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  I have looked in photos and in files.  Still can't find them.  Is there a chance they are somewhere still within the app?

BTW... you are very kind to help - especially as a volunteer.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

@GMSB 

You are welcome.

I'm sorry for your loss.  Losing anyone is tough - losing children is extra hard.

Well, normally, the scanned data would be "somewhere" after you selected to Save / Share the content.

I updated my first post with an example of what the "save" process might look like.

The only say the data is still "in the app" is if the application is still active - that is, the data has not been saved.

This could hardly be the case for many photos, though - each time you scan you have to select what to do with the data.

If you don't do that (select Save / Share, for example), the next scan wipes out the scan data before it.

If the data is saved, it "has to be somewhere".

If I think of anywhere else it could be, I'll post back...

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.