Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5532
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer is set up to connect Wireless.  I used to be able to scan to email, but suddenly I incurred a problem and now it won't work anymore.  What happens is this:

I select ''Scan'' and then ''email'' from the front panel of the printer, it starts ''connecting ..''

Then it gives the following error message:

''Server Connection Error

There was a problem connecting to the server.  Touch Retry to connect again or OK to exit.''

I have tried both options many times.  I also went to HP online help and installed their Scan&Print doctor, but that didn't help.  I uninstalled the printer software and reinstalled it and that didn't help.

Please can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@annamarkey

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5532 e-All-in-One Printer and while performing scan to email, an error appears saying "

To clear the error:

1. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the web services icon.
  5. Click on Setup and Yes.

At this point, you should be able to enable and use the Scan to Email feature on your printer, an error appears saying "Server Connection Error, there was a problem connecting to the server.  Touch Retry to connect again or OK to exit".

To clear the error:

1. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the web services icon.
  5. Click on Setup and Yes.

At this point, you should be able to enable and use the Scan to Email feature on your printer. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello MKazi,

Thanks very much, this did solve the problem, although it's a mystery why my email address  ''disappeared'' in the first place, but anyway, now it is working again.

I wonder if you can solve a further scanning problem on the same machine: when I try to ''scan to computer'' the result is very unsatisfactory: sometimes it scans the whole page, but very often it only scans portions of the page, sometimes an icon or image, or a small portion of text, or  the footer  or heading.  Very frustrating and peculiar!  Can you tell me how to get the scanner to scan the whole page each time?

Many thanks

Anna

HP Recommended

Hi @annamarkey, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you have scan quality issues with your printer. 

Try updating the printer firmware and check it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot scan quality issues with your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Mr Robot,

Thanks for your answer but this did not solve the ''scan to computer'' problem.  I followed the link but the firmware was already up to date.

Do you have other suggestions?  - just to clarify the problem, this function has never worked correctly.   The scan sent to the computer can range from a small portion of the text on the page, or a picture or icon from the page, to the whole or half of the page.  It appears completey random as to which parts gets scanned.

Best regards,

Anna

HP Recommended

Hi @annamarkey,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists with scanning from the printer to the computer.

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

This issue could occur if the latest drivers are not installed.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing any one of the following:

(a). Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.

(b) From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window. Click on the Drivers tab.

2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.

3. Click the Remove button.

4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue I’ve tried everything listed above with no results

HP Recommended

@Troy83t

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.