Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the windows 10 update to version 1909 scan pop-up takes near 30 seccons to opening. The print is used with a TCP/IP port. 

I performed all the recomendations mentioned in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Opening-scan-dialogue-very-slow/td-p/68899... but nothing woks.

Interestly, after perform a scan test with the "HP Print and Scan Doctor " utility the problem is temporary solved until reboot. When the computer start the problem return.

So, I think there must be some "software simplicity" that permanently solves the problem...

Regards,

Juan Gormaz

Juan Gormaz

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JGormaz

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Check the port the printer is connected to in devices and printers- make sure the printer is connected to TCP/IP

a. Click Start/Devices and Printers.  Right-click on your HP Printer.  Select Printer Properties.  Select the Ports tab at the top.

b.    Select Add Port.  Select Standard TCP/IP Port.  Select New Port.

c.    Follow the Add Port Wizard.  Under Printer Name or IP Address, input the Static IP address you just set from the above information.  Example:  192.168.1.15.  The IP address will be copied under Port Name.  

d.    Select Next and Finish the Wizard.

if the issue persists, you can install  HP Smart App and check the speed of the applicattion

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Since years I use the 8600 pro with fixed IP (both in the router and printer) granted by trough an standard TCP / IP Port (instead WSD or other). Therefore thans not the problem.

Based on your recommendations I tested the HP Smart app and effectively all the scanning operation works a lot faster. However, the scanning options are far more limited than the "old classic" twain NET HP driver, and only with the latter I can use third party scan software.

Therefore, what do you think is happenenng, considering that the HP Print and Scan Doctor provisionally solves the problem?

Best regards,

Juan 

HP Recommended

Create New user account in Windows and then try

1. Tap the Windows icon.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Select Family & other users.

5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9. Tap the Windows icon.

10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11. Select the new user. You'll then sign in to your account with your password from step 8.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Dear Jay,

I performed the test (create a new local Windows user) in other computer, which have the same version of Windows 10 than my laptop and is connected to the same network that shares the HP 8600 Pro plus.

The problem continues when I login with the new user. It takes 27 seconds to load the Twain Net driver when scan the first page (initial load), and takes 10 seconds to load the driver for every next page in the same session.

After run the "HP Print and Scan Doctor " utility the load times diminish to 7 seconds (initial load) for the first page and 2 seconds for the next pages. The later are higher times compared with the standard times that the HP 8600 pro plus has had in near 7 years of operation. However , this is acceptable for a machine that has been worked for that time, without showing any failure or problem.

Unfortunately when I reboot the computer the Twain Net driver again take 27 seconds in the first load and 10 for the followings.

I look forward to your recommendations.

Juan G. Gormaz

HP Recommended

@JGormaz, thank you for the response.

Let us try using a standalone app to scan - HP Scan extended app

Click here to download the app.

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.