Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Scan_0001.jpgThis is the result on a Scan and/or Copy. If I print from the web or a word processor everything prints fine. Ignore the red lines. Those are to comply with HP's rules and regulations.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you check out this resource and see if it can help to resolve the issue you're seeing.

HP AiO Printers : Resolving Vertical lines or bands on copied or scanned document

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Scan_0001.jpgThis is what happens with a scan or a copy. If I print from a web page or a word processor the print is fine. This only happens with a scan or a copy.

Ignore the black part of the printout. That is there to comply with HP's policy.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

If there is a need to clean anything on the printer don't you think the problem would appear on ALL prints. The problem occures ONLY with the scan and copy functions. It does NOT appear at any otherr time. The glass and rollers are all very clean.

HP Recommended

Hi @M_A_S_H 

From the picture, it seems likely that the scanner is defective.  If there is a dirt on the scan glass or ADF scan strip, clening it would help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@greenturtle wrote:

Hi @M_A_S_H 

From the picture, it seems likely that the scanner is defective. 

Thanks.

If the scanner is defective, and ALL indications are it is, what next? Is there any way to get it repaired?

HP Recommended

Hi @M_A_S_H 

If the printer is still under warranty, please contact HP for support.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks fo rchoosing HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.