Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer will not scan to the computer, (Scan Failed), nor scan to email. ((I use Thuderbird, and scan to  it worked fine with the HP prinbter I replaced.)   

If Firewall is turned off it scans to the computer.  But, when looking at the Firewall settings HP access is checked to allow through the Firewall. 

Same problems exist on both computers in the home network.  One is Asus, one is Dell

Windows "seems" to want to control the scan process.

Printing is fine.

Scaning from the computer, save to a file, works fine.

I have run the newest Printer and Scan Doctor

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Kardell, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have a scan to computer issue while scanning from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Try the steps recommended below to scan to computer from your printer.

Restart the computer and printer

Restarting the computer and printer can restore a lost scan connection.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Make sure the printer power cord connects directly to an electrical outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, then shut down the computer.

4. Turn on the printer.

5. Turn on the computer.

6. Try to scan.

Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

1. Download and install the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

2. Load the document or photo on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features.

NOTE:

Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

3. Search Windows for 'HP', click your printer model name in the results to open HP Printer Assistant and then click Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.

4. Click a shortcut that matches the file type and resulting action you want, change any of the available settings in the right pane if necessary, and then click Scan.

Select the file type you want to save, and then scan the item.

1. Load the original print side up into the document feeder, or load the original print side down on the right
front corner of the scanner glass.
For more information, see Load original on page 11.
2. Touch Scan .
3. Touch a computer that you want to scan to.
4. Choose the type of scan you want.
5. Touch OK.

Refer this article to know more information about the scan to computer feature using this link. Click Here

Also, you can try scanning using HP scan and capture app on your PC. 

Refer this article to know more information about using HP scan and capture app. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Beware they sent me a fix that locked up my computer.  The link to the install program was bad, I think.  Had to dd a system restore.  After 6 hours of work, calling now.   But,one part of it worked on my wife's computer, that is, check the Devices and Priners and drivers to delete the old HP printer drivers.  Still, no email.

HP Recommended

@Kardell, Thanks for writing back to us.

I appreciate your efforts in trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the link to update printer drivers locked up your PC.

Please share the exact error or screenshot of the error to assist you better.

Also, I have checked the links and it seems to valid and works fine on my PC. Also, the links shared previously was for the HP Officejet 3830 running Windows 10 64bit.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.