Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Jeremy,

My printer just automatically updated itself when I touched the screen.  The multipage scanning features works great now!!  And it does give enough time to scan each page into one file. Thanks so much for getting this update to us.  We all really appreciate it!  I'm glad I was able to bring it to your attention in the first place and you were very good about following up on it and having the engineer call me to figure it out and get the update to solve this problem. It gives us all faith in the HP brand and service 🙂

Thanks so much!

Danielle

HP Recommended

Jeremy,

Ok..one thing..since someone else posted today about the same problem, not sure if it is related to this update since I have that problem too.  The Scan settings section on the computer software are completely missing now.  Like there is no way to get to that part where you enable the scan to computer option or disable it. That section is missing! I figured out a way around it by going under wireless settings and completely reconnecting my computer to the printer by entering the address again because when you do that a box pops up that says "automatically enable scan to computer" or something like that and I got that enabled,  but like the other person said, the Scan Settings section is completely gone..??  When I click on "HP Printer Assistant"box..nothing happens!

Is there a way to get it to work?  But the direct scan from the printer screen works great!

Danielle

HP Recommended

Hi Danielle-

YAY great that we finally got this fixed for you.  Its been a LONG time coming... I know... I was as impatient as all of you have been.

I will look into this other issue you have and present that to the SW team here and see what might have changed.   Off the top I don't know why you'd be seeing this behavior, so let me confirm.

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as Danielle. It started a week or so ago, coincidental with an automatic Windows update and updating some HP software on the printer. I'm not sure which caused the problem.  When I click on the HP printer icon there are only four options, one of which is HP Printer Assistant.  Three of the four take me into some functionaliity but the HP Printer Assistant is a dead link.

I have tried unistalling the old drivers and installing the 'PS6510_1315' update several times but the latter just seems to produce script errors. I've gone back to the original disc and I can still use the printer, and seem to be able to scan.  Unfortunately, HP Printer Assistant remain a dead. Whatever is behind it, I can't access. 

HP Recommended

We've attempted to reproduce this issue on Win7 64 bit in the lab without success.  What OS are you guys using where you see the failure to get to HP Printer Assistant and/or the scanner settings?

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Windows 7

HP Recommended

Windows 7 64 bit sitting on a Sony Vaio I7 laptop.

I also have the software sitting on an older PC which I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 8. I don't experience any problems with it on that platform. The software runs as it should.

HP Recommended

Hi Folks-

We can't reproduce the HP Printer Assistant issue or the Scan settings issue here.  However, i think that this new problem might be worthy of a new thread so it gets some fresh eyes on it.   Perhaps others are seeing this, and not just on the PS 6510.    

Jeremy

HP Recommended
Mine is also windows 7 64 bit on a Sony Vaio laptop.. Printer assistant still does not work at all... What exactly is supposed to be in that section?
There is a link for HP Scan under "all programs", then "HP", It opens up a screen to change paper size and resolution, and select pdf or document to file, etc..and has a scan button on bottom and you can scan that way..Just there is no screen to enable or disable Scan to Computer.. But since I figured out a way to enable that through that wireless connections link, I can deal w this.... Just others might have problems enabling that since it disappeared..

Danielle
HP Recommended

I have started a new post/thread with the following heading:

HP 6510 Printer Assistant won't run - Sony Vaio W7 64bit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.