Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer

?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ROGERDODGER1436,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand scanning a document with the HP ENVY 5020 All-In-One Printer and getting three separate copies of the same document, there are a few potential causes for this issue:

Scanner Settings: Check if the scanner software settings are configured to create multiple copies. Sometimes, the software might have an option to produce multiple scans of the same document.

Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Issue: If you are using the ADF, it might be misfeeding or double-feeding the pages. Ensure that the pages are properly aligned and that the ADF is clean and functioning correctly.

Software Glitch: There might be a glitch or bug in the scanning software. Restart the software and the printer to see if the problem persists.

Driver Issues: Outdated or corrupt drivers can cause unexpected behavior. Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your HP ENVY 5020 printer. You can download the latest drivers from the HP support website.

Scanning Method: If you are using a specific scanning method or application, try an alternative method or application to see if the issue continues. For example, try scanning directly from the printer's control panel instead of using the HP software on your computer, or vice versa.

Here are steps to troubleshoot the issue:

Step-by-Step Troubleshooting

Check Scanner Settings:

• Open the HP scanning software on your computer.
  • Check the settings for any options that might be set to produce multiple copies of the same document.

Inspect the ADF:

• Ensure that the documents are properly placed in the ADF.
  • Clean the ADF rollers to ensure they are not causing multiple feeds.

Restart Devices:

• Turn off the printer and unplug it for a few minutes.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Plug in and turn on the printer, then try scanning again.

Update or Reinstall Drivers:

• Visit the HP support website and download the latest drivers for the HP ENVY 5020.
  • Uninstall the current drivers and software from your computer.
  • Install the latest drivers and software, then try scanning again.

Try a Different Scanning Method:

• If you are using the HP Smart app, try using the Windows Fax and Scan utility or another scanning application.
  • If scanning from the computer, try scanning directly from the printer’s control panel.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @ROGERDODGER1436 ,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the technical issue that we discussed earlier and confirm that it has been successfully resolved.

If you encounter any further issues or have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you and provide any necessary support.

I will be archiving this case for now; however, you can respond to the same thread to continue the conversation.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Take care and have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.