Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just spent an hour and a half with support to no avail, although they are going to send me a new printer. Still, the printer is installed, and is working fine, BUT when I make a custom scan using HP Scan, that custom scan will not display on the printer no matter what I, or support, tried. 

The other issue is that I open the printer Icon, then select scan and try to scan, there is a full 60 second length of time elapsing before I can scan anything while the program "acceses the printer" then opens the HP scan etc. etc. I can not believe this is normal. I have owned several older models of Officejets over the years, and this is just nor normal. 5 seconds maybe, tops! I am hoping beyond hope that this is a printer issue, and the new one will fix it, but i am at a loss to figure out what is going on, as is HP apparently. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning from the printer front panel only support the preconfigured scan shortcuts, those can be modified to meet your needs.

Any custom created scan shortcut is only available on the HP Scan software, a such cannot be used from the printer front panel, that's the way HP Scan works for HP printers since 2010.

Do not expect the new printer to react differently, that is the way the HP Scan software is designed.

You may either modify the default scan shortcut's settings to meed you need, as well for a network connection you may set up scanning to a network folder instead, that can be done from the printer's software Network folder wizard.

The other solution does not seem to be normal indeed, I would suspect a such to occur due to any connectivity issue.

If you experience further such issues with the new printer, is the printer connected with a USB, Ethernet or wirelessly?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I did already discover that you could modify an existing shortcut. It's just a shame that I spent 2 hours with HP support, and they could not supply this information about custom shortcuts not displaying. Apparently they do not have the same information that you have. They are even sending me a new printer to "fix" the problem!

This printer replaced an Officejet Pro 8500, and that printer DID display my custom shortcuts. That is why I thought the latest and best would do the same. My bad.

I did add the printer to my local computer with USB, and now the HPScan instantly picks it up. It is strange that the other computer in the shop picks up the printer wirelessly with no problem.  I am going to try to reboot the router in case there is a slowdown at that point between the printer and me. 

Thank you for the relply. 

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi - I've just found this thread (I didn't know they were called scan shortcuts)...

I have a shortcut issue with my Ethernet connected HP M477fdw...

If I install my MFP using the HP CD-Rom software that came with the product, a "Scan to Computer" shortcut is created on the MFP's Control Panel, which when selected, expands into sub-shortcuts for: "Scan to Print", "E-Mail", "Fax", "OCR" for each of my computers that I've installed the CD software on.

But, if I install my MFP using the latest "Full Solution" software, I do not get the "Scan to Computer" shortcut(s) - so I can't "Push" scans out from the MFP control panel to my computers

Is there any way to get the  "Full Solution" software, to add the "Scan to Computer" shortcut(s) on the MFP ?

-Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.