printster
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Flatbed not working

Envy Photo 7858
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My scanner worked great for a few months.  Now it will only work using the ADF.  The flatbed gives an error message when I attempt to use it.  Is there something I can do to get the flatbed working again?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 425 526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Flatbed not working

Hi @printster

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Are you using HP Easy scan application to scan from your MAC?
  • What is the error that you get while using the flatbed?
  • Have you tried making a copy from the flatbed to check if that works? By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a software issue.

HP Easy Scan is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. We're actively working to restore complete functionality. I suggest using HP Smart app or Apple Image capture to scan from your MAC. Kindly refer to this document to know how. 

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

printster
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Flatbed not working

Dear Kumar0307,

In response to your questions:

• I am using HP Easy Scan on my Mac.

• The Error Message reads, "No items were detected in the Automatic Document Feeder.  Please place your originals into the Automatic Document Feeder and start the scan again."  

• I can make copies using the flatbed.

I can capture an image from my Mac if I go through SYSTEM PREFERENCES > PRINTERS & SCANNERS.  I cannot capture an image using the HP Easy Scan software. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 425 526
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Flatbed not working

@printster, I understand your concern. However, as mentioned in my previous post, HP Easy Scan is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Kindly use Apple Image Capture or HP Smart app to scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation