Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am stuck with the HP 5740 series all in none printer (typo intentional). It's not the printer so much as Hellacious Products who wants to torment me (yes, I am taking it as a personal attack on me. It's probably just HP's incompetency more than attacking an insignificant nobody. But, it sure feels like it). 

So, anyway, after updating to Windows 10's latest update 1903, I believe, and getting notification from HP of so-called updated software, I downloaded them. Sadly, there was an error and as a result, I was unable to use the printer because altho I redownloaded the drivers, for some reason, HP could see the printer, see the modem, and see the computer. But could not communicate.  Fast forward to today. I redownloaded and reinstalled the drivers again. For some crazy reason I am able to print and scan. Except now, I have to assume the destination has changed, and I cannot find the test scan. Previously, it would open up my documents, and be highlighted. I am smart enough to have been able to do that on my own. But, thats what it did. Now, however, the device says it sent the scan to my computer. But, I have no idea where. I'm not smart enough to know where they designate the default. (IF any HP imployee (an intentional typo) is perusing this please smack the someone responsible for making my life miserable,  in the head with a newspaper, and tell them to quit being stupid. Thanks :D) 

Appreciate any help from the community; altho, it's not the community's responsibility to troubleshoot for a company. But, any answers will allow me to get my work done, without the bosses getting pissed at me. So, thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LegendsOfBatman

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate the help. And directing it to where I hope it needs to go, Unfortunately, I somehow do not believe it does. So, maybe my letter to the Bored (intentional typo spelling of "board") of Digestors works. 

At any rate; there is a simple solution. I was afraid to take the leap to do it. It SEEMS to work. And ALL it requires is someone to say to try it. It doesn't require backdoor messages, hiding, and every thing else. All it required was:

1. Uninstall the printer from the computer,
2. Reinstall the drivers. 

I feared it would take hours. It took less than 20 minutes. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.