Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a M479 MFP and I need to be able to scan and copy legal-sized paper. Is this possible?

I bought a M479fdw thinking that since it could copy and handle legal paper that I could copy legal pages. This is not the case. Does anyone have a work around?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,218 3,212 371 470
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a M479 MFP and I need to be able to scan and copy legal-sized paper. Is this possible?

The automatic document feeder can handle legal paper size (up to 216x356 mm) flatbed can't handle that size (up to 216x297 mm).

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agreed. the ADF can scan legal-sized pages but they are not printed in full on a legal-sized paper. For whatever reason, the text and images are truncated. It appears that only about 90% of the page is scanned and printed. I am going to try an update the driver/firmware in the next couple of days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,218 3,212 371 470
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The copies are resized to fit the size of original to the size of paper minus print margins ( 4 mm on each side).  That would be that copies are around 2% smaller than an original that is close to unnoticeable.

If you have such a big resize check settings for resizing and enlage on copy settings.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again you are close. The original document has borders so the copy does not need to make any changes. Also, much more than 2% is missing off the copies; more like 10% to 15%. I will check the version of the firmware in the next couple of days. I did try the resize setting but it did not help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation