Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Dell Latitude
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi folks

Just changed to a new laptop with same OS and installed my HP 3630 all in one printer/scanner.  I tried to scan but when I open the scan dialogue box there is no scan button.  It is there on  my old laptop.  The printer works fine.  I have went through all the usual fixes including installing latest drivers and running HP print & scan doctor - reports no problem.  Tried a solution posted previously with no success.  

Any ideas appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please make sure the DPI Settings are set as normal (100%). The HP Software supports 100% DPI only

Right click on an empty area of your desktop and click on Personalize.
Towards the bottom left corner, click on the Display link.
In the left pane, click on the Set custom text size (DPI) link.
Make sure the DPI value is set to 100%
Reboot your PC

Please let me know if you may see any difference now,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please make sure the DPI Settings are set as normal (100%). The HP Software supports 100% DPI only

Right click on an empty area of your desktop and click on Personalize.
Towards the bottom left corner, click on the Display link.
In the left pane, click on the Set custom text size (DPI) link.
Make sure the DPI value is set to 100%
Reboot your PC

Please let me know if you may see any difference now,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks that worked and I can now see the options in the Scan Dialog.

Problem now when I try to Scan now starts but then displays a message "Error ocurred while scanning"

Any thoughts?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Sorry everything seems okay now.  I did not have the 100% button clicked. This setting is really too small for me to read but at least I know how to solve.  Would never have worked this out without you.

You were a great help.  

**** Kind regards ****.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.